Letterland Stories: BCD£3.99
- Speech bubbles highlight decodable words
- A nice activity for parents & children
- Fun activities
- Comprehension questions at the end of the story
- Annie Apple 'A' App free
- A little pricey
Parents and teachers of young children will be familiar with the Letterland series, which can support youngsters develop their language skills, understanding the alphabet through many of the fun characters that run through the series.
This particular app includes three carefully designed and imaginative Letterland stories:
- Bouncy Ben and his bike
- Clever Cat and the cake
- Dippy Duck and the dentist
If you’re wondering about Annie Apple, you can freely download that app via the Apple App store by clicking here.
With no in-app adverts or distractions, the app also includes:
- Fun activities including a maze, word search, spot the difference puzzle, matching pairs game and drawing activities.
- Trace lower and uppercase ‘b’, ‘c’, and ‘d’ to build towards independent writing. Introduces the correct strokes for writing.
- Handwriting song for the letters ‘b’, ‘c’, and ‘d’ to help learn letter shape formation correctly.
Fans of the LetterLand series will love these apps which encompass core criteria for high quality synthetic phonics teaching and learning. The app is ideal for early-years teachers and/or parents of youngsters who are getting to grips with their letter sounds and phonics.