There is so much publicity and marketing around for the ‘Back to school’ push, and here in the UK it starts back in June as retailers grapple to win custom. But students are not the only ones returning to school after a pro-longed break, so we asked teachers what their essential items are to buy, before returning back for another school year. Here are the top 15 items, in no particular order, and you can see the responses in the Storify summary below.
- Coffee mug – unless you work in a primary school, and they are regular Christmas/end-of-year gifts!
- Coffee – Instant, posh or specialist. COFFEE!
- CD for car journey – The road to nowhere, by Talking Heads?
- Planners / notebooks / diary – As teachers, we’re suckers for these! Look here, see what we mean?
- Shoes – Any excuse, eh? Just remember to take the stickers off the sole!
- Glasses – Your eyes will get tired!
- Water bottle – Keep hydrated, or become irritated!
- Thermal cup – Such as these, because who likes cold coffee? Who!
- Pencil case – For all our important pens (see below)!
- Tea Bags – the herbal ones, like these!
- New suit – corporate education!
- Pens, pens, pens (green ones, and the wonderful fine-liners),
- Laminating sheets – Because – just, because!
- Post-it notes – Sounds easy, but there are so many beautiful ones to choose from nowadays! Just look! Look here!
- Naked Bars – they’re a food! A quick snack.
Beyond alcohol and pills, what is missing? Tweet us back, or comment on our Facebook page, and we will add (all serious) comments to this list.