Many teachers are becoming more aware of the potential power of integrating Minecraft into Teaching and Learning as it’s a great source of inspiration, creativity and engagement for pupils.
The iPad and Android versions have received a significant update with the following enhancements:
- Infinite worlds!
- Loads of new blocks and items including Monster Eggs and huge mushroom blocks.
- Wolves! Tame a loyal companion.
- Loads of new flowers! So pretty.
- New mobs, including the spooky endermen and less spooky Mooshrooms.
- New biomes from the PC version, including mesas, jungles, swamps and extreme hills.
- Abandoned mineshafts, villages, and many other cool places to explore.
- A brand-new “interaction” button. Never accidentally punch a sheep again!
- New feature generation, including lakes, vines and monster rooms.
- Many bugs fixed, and possibly a few added.
Minecraft offers many different cross-curriculum opportunities within schools (see related articles below), with the tablet version offering many features of the desktop versions of the software. You can pick up the app for £4.99* via the Apple App Store logo below:
Or available from
- Google Play Store here
*Price correct at time of publication