Thursday 7th August 2014
This session focussed on reflecting back on events from last academic year and thinking about plans for the coming academic year too. Participants were also asked what they were looking forward to and planning for the coming academic year too. They were asked six questions across the hour:
1. What has been the highlight of your you year in your classroom?
2. What has been a major problem for you? Did you overcome it? How?
3. What have you learnt from this year?
4. What are you most looking forward to this coming academic year?
5. Do you anticipate any major problems in your teaching or school?
6. Where do you hope to be this time next year?
For the holidays, it was an engaging edition of #ukedchat with lots of positive comments and tweets. This really came across in the hour. Lots of great reflections shared and hopes and dreams (grounded of course in sound educational research) for the year ahead.
One of the particular highlights were a few tweeters who were engaging in their first ever #ukedchat who absolutely loved it.
@aknill: #ukedchat most significant learning this year continues to be how supportive a PLN can be professionally and personally
Andy’s tweet above was indicative of the overwhelming positivity of the session.
The one most common concern for the coming year however was that of work / life balance. Be mindful of this in the coming academic year. Take care of you and yours first and foremost!
Tweet of the Week:
@suziesheehan: apparently, a few. had no idea I was doing ok with this group until I received this email. #ukedchat pic.twitter.com/U8lKXTieNG