SHAPES uses the power of the iPad to enhance teacher capabilities and provide possibilities to show things that cannot be shown with physical tools. It can help to create interest and enthusiasm in school mathematics classes at all levels. Let pupils explore shapes by themselves, or demonstrate the features of 3D shapes with the whole class with this flexible and easy-to-use app.
Discover a fascinating world of solids like prisms, pyramids, solids of revolution and Platonic solids. Start from the simplest and gradually explore the most complex ones. In this regard, the app is suitable to geometric explorations in the primary or secondary classroom.
[Updated 26 February 2015] This update added a Nets Creator allowing students to challenge their spatial reasoning by building solid from scratch and discovering hundreds of unique net combinations. The app also now allows to save and preview for newly created nets, as well as a progression checklist.
The app features:
– Select 27 unique shapes
– Choose from a variety of: prisms, pyramids, Platonic solids, solids of revolution
– Unfold shapes into different net combinations
– Explore transparent surfaces mode
– Highlight the vertices and edges
– Colour selected elements
– Use simple gesture control
– Rotate the shapes in any direction
– Zoom in and out by pinch and spread gestures
– Align to basic position by double tap
Check out the app online via https://shapes.learnteachexplore.com/app/vertical-slice-en.html and explore the workshop video below…
Shapes – 3D Geometry Learning, By Setapp Sp. z o. o., is priced at £2.99* and available from the Apple App Store by clicking the icon below
*Price correct at time of publication.