Tonight, #UKEdChat was hosted by Ben Houlihan, who is a Section Leader Music and Performing Arts Bridgwater College, with a focus on how Further Education and Vocational Qualification are viewed, and focused on the following questions:
- From you teaching position, what is your current perception of FE in the UK?
- To what extent are parents/carers and students concerned about progression options post-16 during KS4?
- What factors and strategies make for effective interaction between schools and colleges?
- How has the perception of vocational and A-Level programmes changed in recent years?
- Do you feel vocational programmes are more suited to certain subject areas?
- How can we address some of the negative stereotypical views surrounding vocational qualifications?