Many fear the inspection regimes currently in place in many educational systems, but love them or loathe them, being prepared for such a visit is key to ensure a less stressful time for everyone included. Within the England system, the Ofsted regime reigns over the England school sector, being answerable to the government, and in this new invaluable guide from Sarah Findlater, teachers can find everything they need to be fully prepared for an inspection and to get as much out of the process as possible. Sarah has supported many a teacher through an inspection and here shares her advice and experience.
The book includes:
- Practical strategies for improving key areas that Ofsted inspect
- Logistical details of everything that will happen
- Analysis of important parts of the Ofsted school inspection handbook
- Extracts from outstanding inspection reports
- Different phases for the reader to dip into whether Ofsted is on the doorstep, or if preparing in advance
This is a handy book for school leaders, practising teachers, or those venturing into the profession who want guidance and advice on such inspections. The system and priorities constantly change (the moving goal-posts!), but the main thrust of this book is to keep you calm and ready for inspections and to improve your day-to-day teaching.
With an RRP of £16.99 this book is available from Amazon priced £15.92* (paperback), or £15.12* (kindle) and published by Bloomsbury.
*Prices correct at time of publication