A short post on the power of positive.
This year we have agreed to start our weekly Staff Development Meetings with a “Marvellous Minute” each.
This is a re-blog post originally posted by Tim Clarke and published with kind permission.
The original post can be found here.
We each share something we are proud of, that has gone well, has inspired us from the last 5 school days.
(As a small school with only 6 staff at the meeting this is easier to manage).
Tonight the “MMs” were:
- A maths session which the pupils had choices over their methods, which they had all been able to access but had all experienced struggle and challenged themselves
- The transition mornings for our new YR children, who have been keen and calm, and said goodbye to parents without a backward glance
- An English session using the “Dangle” YouTube clip, which the pupils were engaged by and worked out the Learning Aim of the session for themselves
- A Y3 boy who having said he had read a whole book in a short space of time, proved it with a series of answers to verbal questions and made the staff member reconsider her approach with him
- A lively class of Y1 who have made great progress in tidying up after activities
- The look of pride on a Y1 girl’s face as she belted out the National Anthem today
The meeting continued: discussing English and Feedback. The mood remained positive. Staff were collaborative, keen to find solutions and to explore possibilities. A productive and enjoyable meeting with colleagues.
I’m looking forward to hearing more Marvellous Minutes next week!
Featured Image Credit: By Camilo Rueda López on Flickr under (CC BY-ND 2.0)
You need to Login or Register to bookmark/favorite this content.
Be the first to comment