#UKEdChat Session 372 – Thursday 21st September 2017
This #UKEdChat session focused on reading, exploring ideas, strategies and resources that support a love and joy for reading within a school community. The session examined how important reading is in different school curriculum areas, along with strategies that encourage a love of reading.
- How important is reading in your classroom/subject/school?
- How can schools (all sectors) encourage and embed a positive reading culture with all?
- In your opinion, what are the critical reading skills lacking in your students?
- What can be done to help secondary students catch up with reading?
- How can teachers utilise the interest in digital tech/smartphones to encourage quality reading?
- Does reading for pleasure improve standards of English?
- How does your school community encourage reading for pleasure among adults (parents/staff)?
- What are the biggest obstacles in encouraging children to read for pleasure?
- Are school strategies supposed to support reading development effective?
- Share the authors/texts/genres which are most popular for reading with your students.
You can see the archive below, and the full summary of the session is now available via the ‘summary page’. Click here to view (sign-in required)
Click to view archive: 372-Reasons for reading