Assessment: Getting it Right in a Week£9.99
- Each chapter details clear strategies, examining the strategy in action and summarising relevant underpinning theory.
- A great little book that would support primary and secondary teachers (and trainees) to explore and develop the assessment strategies in their setting.
- This straightforward and easy to access book demystifies the processes of assessment.
- The book could be used by individual teachers, departments, or within a whole-school strategy of developing assessments.
- References to great theories that explore the purpose and use of assessment.
From the publisher…
With the increasing emphasis on assessment being used for high-stakes testing of pupils, school evaluation, and teacher efficacy measures, there is a lot at stake for teachers. This straightforward and easy to access book demystifies the processes of assessment, provides practical strategies around assessment and emphasises that it is your assessments as a teacher that are most likely to achieve learning gains for your pupils. Designed to be read over a week, the book is divided into seven chapters, each detailing clear strategies, examining the strategy in action and summarising the relevant underpinning theory.
Disclosure: This is an independently written review by UKEdChat, with online promotions and features paid for by Critical Publishing, who had no editorial input.
Prices specified correct at time of review publication, but are subject to change.