#UKEdChat Session 381 – Thursday 23rd November 2017
Teachers talk… a lot! As a teacher, I have lost my voice many times, and still, the talking continues. But do we say the right things in education?
This session will explore how teachers, pupils, the community, educational leaders and outside professionals communicate or fail to do so and why this might be.
- Are our schools places which encourage discussion? What is your evidence?
- How can individual teachers encourage pupil discussion and engagement?
- Should (a) pupils and (b) teachers actively be taught rhetoric/speaking skills?
- Communication is notoriously poor among staff in schools. How can this be improved?
- Are staff meetings the most effective way to disseminate and discuss issues with staff?
- How does your school communicate with outside professionals/agencies? Are there alternatives?
- What are the most effective ways for every day communicate with parents and the community?
- Are schools good places to talk about you and your needs? Is there time to talk?
Click to view archive via 381-Talking Education