#UKEdChat Session 382 – Thursday 30th November 2017
Learning is class or as a staff is great. The learner is guided through the process by expert educators to reach a new goal together. But not everyone is going in the same direction, so it is important to have the skills, ambition and discipline to learn independently. In this session we will explore how both pupils and teachers can make the most of independent learning.
- What do you understand independent learning to be, and how is it utilised in your school?
- Can independent learning happen within a classroom? How?
- How can we encourage pupils’ independent learning?
- Do pupils have the skills to learn independently? How can we teach the skills?
- If the school provides training and development for staff, how can independent learning help?
- How can schools encourage staff to develop themselves through independent learning?
- What tools are useful for educators to conduct independent learning?
- Can collaboration have a role in independent learning? How?
Click to view archive at: 382-Archive-Ind-Learning4Pupils