#UKEdChat Session 408 – Thursday 14th June 2018
Moving from one school to another is a seminal moment in the lives of young people. Ensuring a smooth start can change how a pupil sees the school, their education and their future. Preparing adequately for a new school, or even a new school year is vital… and that is just the teachers!
In this session of #UKEdChat, we discussed how to best prepare pupils for changing classes or schools and how teachers should prepare before the pupils step into their classrooms in the new school year.
- What is the main purpose of managing transition?
- Do all students need some level of active transitioning by staff to a new class or school?
- Is managing transition seen as an important part of the teacher’s role, or a hoop to jump through?
- Do you think that the onus should be on primary or secondary staff to lead transition?
- Does a smooth transition mean that full teaching can start from day one?
- How do you involve pupils in the direction of their own transition process?
- What transitioning activities/initiatives have you seen which didn’t work well?
- What transitioning activities/initiatives have you seen which worked well?
Read the archive on Twitter at https://twitter.com/ukedchat/timelines/1007326249008672768