For some the summer break has been over for a number of weeks, while others have yet to face that first get-up. However, long before the official start of school, many teachers have been hard at work to make their classrooms a picture of perfection. This raises many questions – foremost being “Why…? Go and enjoy your holiday… weirdos!”
In this week’s #UKEdChat discussion we are talking what makes a great learning and teaching environment, and how the classroom space evolves over the weeks as the term progresses, and even throughout the day as different topics/pupils have different needs and requirements.
- When do you ‘do’ your classroom in preparation for the new academic year?
- What three words best describes your classroom(s)?
- Are you introducing any new innovations to your classroom?
- What makes your classroom a good place to learn?
- What makes your classroom a good place to teach?
- What don’t you like about your classroom?
- What could you have in your classroom as a minimum and still be able to teach your subject/age group effectively?
- What would you like to add/do to your classroom if you could?