Primary EAL Provision: Getting it Right in a Week9.99
- Designed to be read over a week.
- Includes both immediate measures and handy tips as well as long-term strategies to embed into your teaching.
- Seven concise chapters that will help you build a rich context with integrated and effective teaching for all your EAL pupils.
- Are you confident in your understanding of the significant challenges that EAL pupils face?
- Do you have a range of teaching strategies to address their needs?
- Are your EAL learners making the required progress in their lessons?
This text provides you with tried and tested strategies to help you develop effective pedagogy for learning and progression with a range of different EAL pupils. It includes both immediate measures and handy tips as well as long-term strategies to embed into your teaching. Designed to be read over a week, the book is divided into seven concise chapters that will help you build a rich context with integrated and effective teaching for all your EAL pupils.
- Day 1: tools for talking: engaging EAL learners from the outset
- Day 2: reading and writing: strategies for developing EAL learners
- Day 3: the whole curriculum: tips for EAL support in all subjects
- Day 4: planning: effective differentiation for EAL pupils
- Day 5: working with other adults: classroom support for EAL pupils
- Day 6: progress: monitoring, managing and maintaining pupil success
- Day 7: beyond language: understanding and supporting the cultural and emotional needs EAL pupils might have