Following on from our visit to Moscow (see here), organisers of the event have revealed the number of attendees, making the forum the most visited industry forum in the world!
“133 Thousand people visited the Moscow Global Forum “City for Education” for 4 days” – reported Moscow Government Minister, Head of the Department of education of the city of Moscow, Isaac Kalina.
Moscow became a major attraction of innovative technologies and a key driver for the development of the country’s educational community. Guests and participants of the Forum assured of the high quality of educational technologies of the metropolis. The age of the youngest visitor of the Forum was 1 year and 3 months, and the age of the oldest – 86 years.
The Moscow Global Forum “City for Education” 2018 united 86 exhibitors, approximately 1000 speakers and presenters of master classes. 87 cities, 53 countries from around the world and 5 continents participated in the Forum. Foreign guests of the Forum compared it with the Davos of Education. This year, 603 foreign visitors were in attendance at the “City for Education”, including the chiefs of the education system administrations:
- Elena Pavichich Vukichevich, Vice-mayor of Zagreb, Croatia;
- Dr. Ali Al Nuaimi, Director-General of the Board of Education of Abu-Dhabi, UAE;
- Liisa Pohjalainen, Executive Director of the Education Department of Helsinki, Finland;
- Melinda Nagie Varga, Head of the Department for Culture, Tourism, Sports, Education and Social Policy of Budapest, Hungary.
In the capacity of foreign experts of the Forum were:
- Thomas Frey, well-known futurologist and Executive Director of the Da Vinci Institute, USA;
- Maggie McDonnell, winner of the international prize “Global Teacher Prize 2017”;
- Catherine Whitaker, President and Director for Education, EtonX;
- Mikael Uusi-Makela, co-founder and Chief Operations Officer of TeacherGaming;
- Jim Hawkins, Rector and Chief of school directors of the international network “Whittle School & Studios”
Within the framework of the Forum, 700 master classes were held at the stands and 460 sections of the business program, which aroused a keen interest of school directors, teachers, schoolchildren and their parents, Russian and foreign experts. On the last day of the Forum, a charity run was held. It united the guests of all ages and social categories. More than 500 people took part in the “Run for good” to support seriously ill children. The foreign speakers of the Forum joined the charity run too, in particular, President of International Non-Governmental Organization “Youth Service America”, Steven Culbertson.
Education is one of the key areas of a public life. It should develop in tune with the times and be ahead of the time. The Forum “City for Education” became an excellent opportunity for its participants from all over the world to get to know modern educational solutions proposed by Moscow. A properly established system of children’s education is a pledge of future professional competency. The Forum joined at its venue representatives of the education sector from around the world.
Together, we can make a much greater contribution to the education of the modern generation. The “City for Education” is an educational platform where the future is created even today.
Moscow Global Forum “City for Education” confirmed its title of the main event in the educational life of Russia, as well as of the world.
The Department of Education of the City of Moscow
The Department for External Economic and International Relations of the City of Moscow
The Department of Information Technologies of the City of Moscow