Let’s Perform! Monologues, duologues and poems for children to perform18.99*
- Accessible and useful performance tips given to support each piece.
- A great pick-up-and-go resource, enticing great fun and engagement with the whole class.
- Clearly written, with three sections.
- Covers a great range of topics, that could be mapped to many different curriculum areas.
- Great 'over to you' challenges, adding even more to the performances.
From ‘They’re Digging up my School Today’ to ‘The Giant African Land Snail’s Rap’, this book is full of brilliant, photocopiable scripts and poems to get children aged 7 to 11 confidently rhyming, moving and imagining. Let’s Perform! offers fresh, fun material from Cath Howe, an experienced drama practitioner, for literacy lessons, drama classes, assemblies, after school and drama clubs.
Drama and speaking opportunities can boost children’s self-esteem and have a powerful impact on their confidence in school and in the wider world. Cath has included everyday dilemmas as well as surreal scenarios, ranging from funny and ridiculous to serious and emotional, to inspire all children. Perfect for encouraging creative writing and public speaking, each monologue, duologue or performance poem is accompanied by easy-to-follow performance tips and activities that can also be used in cross-curricular subjects. Additional creative activities for the book are also available online. This vibrant collection is a must-have text to set every child’s imagination whirring.
Above text provided by the publisher.
*Price from, correct at date of publication