How one teacher manages a classroom can be vastly different to how a colleague may manage their environment. Getting your classroom management right is critical in terms of making learning effective, organisation manageable, and the ensuring smooth daily routines.
Following on from the popular UKEdChat online poll, this session explored some of the benefits and challenges of classroom management, sharing best practice, ideas and resources that can support the daily running.
- Define what, for you, is good classroom management.
- What are your most challenging classroom management issues?
- Why is classroom management so essential?
- What is your most essential classroom management tool or resource, and why?
- How can you get pupils involved in ensuring classroom management runs smoothly?
- Where does praise, reward and consequence fit into classroom management? Could a positive-only behaviour policy work?
- How do you manage your own (teacher) behaviour, words and voice to positively impact on class management?
- How do you implement positive classroom management strategies?
Scroll down to see our summary infographic
We have a small favour to ask. More people are accessing UKEdChat articles, resources, videos, magazines and podcasts than ever. Unlike many organisations, we haven’t put up a paywall – we want to keep our content open for all. So you can see why we need to ask for your help. Maintaining and improving our content takes a lot of time, money and hard work. But we do it because we believe our open educational platforms matter – we hope it matters to you too.
You can support us by making a small monthly payment to us via Patreon, by clicking the image below, or by making a one-off payment from the choices below. We do not retain any of your personal payment or billing information.
Click image to download as a PDF.