It has changed the very essence of daily life and revolutionised the way we work, play and interact. But has technology reached its full learning potential in the classroom? The picture seems mixed. While there is no doubt that technology has changed the admin of teaching, in lessons, technology is often still seen as an add-on or a simple replacement for traditional methods, rather than enhancing learning. But integrating technology into your teaching has so much more to offer.
In this #UKEdChat discussion, we discussed the current situation of technological integration, how technology can be used further to improve learning, and how to make the technology disappear as it becomes a seamless part of your repertoire.
- How is technology currently integrated into your lessons?
- Do you think that you use technology well in your teaching and how could you improve?
- Do you believe edtech has fulfilled its potential and is it worth the investment?
- Give an example of technology working well in your classroom.
- Give an example of technology not working well.
- Do you have concerns about deploying technology within the classroom setting?
- What is your favourite piece of edtech and how do you use it?
- Is technology becoming a seamless part of your teaching and how could it become so? Cite examples.