ollowing the interest in how teachers can develop metacognitive strategies in their classroom, our research lead Colin Hill @digicoled (who presented at The Education Show 2019 in London) hosts a series of webinars aimed at helping educators explore the what’s, why’s and how’s of metacognition.
Each session will take place from 4.00 -> 4.30pm on the dates below, although once registered, you can replay the session at any time*. All timings are UK-based, so please check your local time if you want to join the session live. Colin will be on hand to answer any questions, and also provide links to the resources shared.
The total price of this series of webinars is only £15 (payable upon booking), providing you with metacognition tips, resources and activities that you can use in the classroom, including (at least) 12 metacognitive ideas that you can put into place immediately. You can see any frequently asked questions by visiting our webinar page here.
- Thursday 16th May 2019 – Introduction & Why metacognition is important in education.
- Thursday 23rd May 2019 – What metacognition is (and is not).
- Thursday 6th June 2019 – Metacognition, biases and automated responses.
- Thursday 13th June 2019 – Metacognition – Where to start.
- Thursday 20th June 2019 – Metacognition – Practical classroom ideas for all.