#UKEdChat Session 465: Whether you are out of the classroom for one day, one week, one month or longer, the opportunity for teachers and educators to unwind, relax and recharge is whole-heartedly welcomed. Being able to wind down can take time, but when individuals are able to completely turn off schoolwork and focus on other matters of life, then relaxation can finally begin.
Following the online poll, this #UKEdChat session will explore how teachers manage to wind-down during holiday periods, along with activities undertaken that support their wellbeing, and how this can be manifested to when everyone returns to school or college. The questions:
- What does ‘holiday wellbeing’ mean to you as a teacher?
- How long does it take you to wind-down completely during the holidays?
- What is the greatest threat to your holiday wellbeing?
- What ‘catch-up’ jobs do you only complete during a holiday period?
- How does your teaching role impact on your wellbeing?
- How does your wellbeing impact on your friends and family?
- What are your favourite activities that help your physical, emotional and psychological wellbeing?
- How can positive holiday wellbeing be sustained into the new academic year?
Join the chat from 8pm via the #UKEdChat hashtag on Twitter.