Having the right information when you need it is crucial to maximising learning opportunities. But knowing where to find the right information, and even know what information is needed for a given task or activity is not always straightforward.
Kate Jones @87history will be hosting #UKEdchat focusing on Retrieval Practice, the focus of her recent book. This chat will explore the research linked to retrieval practice and also what this looks like in the classroom. Kate is a teacher and middle leader from the UK now based at The British School Al Khubairat in Abu Dhabi.
- Is there any specific research or books you have read that have helped develop your understanding of Retrieval Practice?
- What benefits have you found from using Retrieval Practice in the classroom?
- What’s your favourite Retrieval Practice strategy to use in the classroom?
- How often do you use Retrieval Practice within your practice/lessons?
- How have students responded to Retrieval Practice inside & outside of your lessons?
- What do you think are the main challenges of using & implementing Retrieval Practice?
- Do you use technology to support Retrieval Practice? If so how?
- Do you have any questions about Retrieval Practice?
Click here to view part 1 of the tweet archive.
Click here to view part 2 of the tweet archive.