In recent years as technology has affected the educational field, have emerged constantly new teaching methods. A quite innovative technique is the usage of educational games. The usage of a game during the learning process draws students’ attention. Particularly, mobile games which have become an integral part of children’s everyday life, significantly increase the rate of students’ engagement in the learning process. But, what makes them attractive to students?
The answer to that question arises from the games features:
• Games include a combination of technology and entertainment. As the game follows technology trends the more acceptable would be.
• Students have the role of a character. In most games, the user acquires a role that brings responsibilities.
• The GUI, students “transferred” in a “magic” world full of challenges and adventure.
• The variety of images, helping from not being boring
• The achievement goals, students are trying to achieve one or more objectives.
• The gradual increase of difficulty and assistance throughout the game, make it quite interesting.
• Music and sounds create a pleasant environment.