Cedars Academy is a vibrant and innovative junior school that achieved a ‘Good’ OFSTED judgement in June 2019.
- Leadership Range: L18 -24
- Start date: September 2020
- Contract type: Full time
- Contract term: Permanent
- Closing date: 25th March 2020 (No later than 12pm)
- Interview date: 2nd April 2020
About the school:
In the past four years, the school has been on a strong school improvement journey and, due to the promotion of the current HT, we are now seeking to appoint our next leader with the drive and determination to build upon the excellent work to date and carry the school on to the next level. It is the desire to constantly improve, refine our practices and further develop the learning experiences for our children that lie at the heart of the culture and ethos of the school. The Trust wish to recruit a Headteacher with a passion and drive to create the next chapter in the history of the school and help it on its journey towards providing a truly outstanding learning experience for all of our pupils.
The successful candidate will:
- Have a proven track record in school leadership and making a difference.
- Have a passion for pedagogy and be as focused on the foundations of learning as on innovation.
- Be an excellent communicator and have outstanding emotional intelligence.
- Have strong team ethic and moral purpose.
- Have a strong vision for education and high aspirations for pupils and staff.
- Believe in and demonstrate the value of visible leadership throughout the school and community.
- Be willing to contribute their skillset to the wider Multi Academy Trust and work with our team of Headteachers to improve outcomes for all Trust pupils.
Cedars Academy is part of Robin Hood Multi Academy Trust which consists of Ulverley Primary, Yenton Primary and Robin Hood Academy. The Trust is built on the principles of working collaboratively across each school to create unique learning experiences for children that they wouldn’t get in any other organisation. The Trust believes that each school’s vision and ethos is unique to their own setting and community. With this in mind, space is provided for leaders to lead their schools whilst also offering the support of a team of highly skilled professionals from the MAT to enable the sharing of best practice. We believe that, with the collaborative leadership across our schools, we can create something truly special. To gain an understanding of the vision for the Trust please visit www.robinhoodMAT.co.uk and watch our vision.
For more information about the post, we strongly encourage prospective candidates to contact our Executive Headteacher, Steve Taylor (via the school office), for an informal chat and a tour of the school.
Closing date: 25th March 2020 (No later than 12pm) Interview date: 2nd April 2020
For more information and an application pack please contact email@example.com or phone 0121 464 3178.