100 Ideas for Primary Teachers: Science£14.99*
- Book is organised into three main areas of science - biology, chemistry and physics.
- All ideas are accessible, being tried and tested, with potential pitfalls ironed out.
- Ideas in book help develop teaching practice and science content taught in primary schools.
- Offers cross-curriculum ideas to embed science learning within other subjects (and vice-versa).
- Really engaging activities available that will put the 'wow' into science learning for students.
100 Ideas for Primary Teachers: Science is filled with exciting yet achievable ideas to engage pupils in all areas of the National Curriculum for science. With a whole host of ideas for activities, experiments, assessment and increasing parental engagement, this book will help primary teachers develop pupils’ knowledge and shape their attitudes towards learning science.
Paul Tyler and Bryony Turford cover the key areas of biology, chemistry and physics, providing specific teaching strategies and resources to demonstrate scientific concepts and link science to other curriculum subjects, particularly maths and English. Activities range from exploring gravity by building a marble run to simulating the human digestive system! Also included are ideas to build pupils’ science capital so they feel inspired and invested in the sciences in the long term. Each idea, activity and experiment is ready to use and easy to follow for all primary teachers, regardless of their level of confidence in the sciences.