Maths Mastery Reasoning: Photocopiable Resources for KS1 & KS2£20.00*
- Practical and photocopiable resources perfect for primary school mathematics.
- Teacher and curriculum notes accompany most activities, to help planning and progression.
- Introductory sections of books offer vocabulary advice, and tips on how to use the book.
- All activities are easily adaptable and could be used within the classroom or homework activities.
- A great collection of resources and activities to support a maths mastery journey.
Maths Mastery Reasoning: Teacher Resources KS1 and KS2 contain a wealth of practical ideas and photocopiable resources to promote reasoning using precise mathematical vocabulary and stem sentences. They will enable teachers to explicitly teach children how to reason so they can answer questions such as: Which skills do I need to complete the task? How can I explain my thinking? What vocabulary do I need to use?
Covering all areas of the primary maths curriculum including place value, fractions and the four operations in KS1 and decimals and percentages, algebra, geometry and statistics in KS2, each photocopiable activity enables pupils to practise key skills and make links to the maths they are using. Many of the activities can be completed using a concrete, pictorial and abstract (CPA) approach to teaching maths. Written by experienced teacher John Bee, this must-have resource is ideal for teachers just starting on the maths mastery journey or for more experienced teachers who need some fresh input and ideas.
These unique books will engage pupils in lively debate when they hypothesise, agree, criticise and prove their learning around key mathematical concepts.
John Bee is Head of Key Stage 2 and Mathematics Leader at a primary school. He has been teaching for almost a decade across all primary age ranges. John is a Primary Mastery Specialist contributing to the work of the Maths Hubs Programme in England. He has a master’s degree in education with a focus on mathematics. Visit his website at www.mrbeeteach.com and follow him on Twitter @mrbeeteach.
*Price correct at the time of publication.