How Do I Answer That? A Secondary School Teacher's Guide to Answering RSE Questions£14.99*
- This is a much-needed book for secondary teachers who may find themselves teaching RSE, guiding to answering questions that some may find uncomfortable.
- Throughout, the book anticipates a series of questions that teachers may face, supporting them with sensible answers that deal directly with sensitive issues.
- Rachel has split the book into 15 chapters, all exploring key issues very relevant for adolescents as they progress through puberty.
- Each section is accompanied by links to additional resources that can be used to support and guide topics should teachers or pupils wish.
- Some very sensitive issues are explored in the book, but Rachel deals with these issues in a very appropriate way supporting teachers to guide their pupils to make informed, personal decision.
Supported by Critical Publishing
When it comes to those difficult questions about sex and relationships, how do you strike the balance between an answer that is professional but open, correct but doesn’t create panic?
Aimed at secondary teachers and trainees, as well as being useful for parents and those working in charities and the voluntary sector, this book covers all the mandatory topics of the new RSE curriculum. Each chapter includes a full list of the questions to be tackled, teacher guidance highlighting important points, and model answers. Diagrams and photos are included to aid understanding and there is helpful signposting to further reading. Potentially unfamiliar topics, such as laws surrounding sexting and LGBTQ+ terminology, are clearly explained and common misconceptions and myths are dispelled.
Based on years of experience, this handy text provides clear answers to the questions young people ask about RSE to help you increase your knowledge, gain confidence and ensure pupils receive the most accurate and up to date information.
*RRP correct at time of publication.
You need to Login or Register to bookmark/favorite this content.
Be the first to comment