Mind Mechanics for Children (7-11)£24.99*
- The Mind Mechanics ™ workshop plan is a programme aimed for junior schools packed with a sequence of activities and resources supporting positive mental health in young children.
- The reader – teaching practitioners – are supported with prerequisites of the programme, along with considerations to factors impacting on young people’s emotional wellbeing.
- The Mind Mechanics ™ workshops support five themes: emotions; calming techniques and liking yourself; resilience and self-soothing; identifying signature strengths, and; support networks. Each theme comes accompanied with teacher guidance, time indications and photocopiable resources.
- Sarah's own experience and expertise underpins the ideas and resources involved in The Mind Mechanics ™ workshop plans, offering opportunities to consider difficult mental health subjects.
- This book is a much needed resource to support teachers and schools to sensitively and positively talk about mental-health issues openly with young people as they find their place in the world.
Mind Mechanics is a comprehensive resource to support schools in teaching pupils about mental health. Drawing on a wide range of therapeutic interventions, including CBT, Behavioural Activation and Compassion-Focussed Therapy, it provides activities and lesson plans to empower children with the skills they need to manage their mental health throughout life.
The book contains lesson plans, games and activities, assessment tools and information on risk factors and specific issues that might impact children. It also features photocopiable and downloadable worksheets, making the provision of mental health teaching simple.
Mind Mechanics can be used flexibly as a full programme as part of the school’s Personal, Social, Health and Citizenship curriculum, as a targeted intervention for a group or individual, or as a resource bank of individual activities to use as and when needed.
*RRP Price correct at time of review publication.