Mind Mechanics for Teens and Young Adults A Mental Health Toolbox with Activities and Lesson Plans for Ages 11+£24.99*
- A really useful resource offering secondary schools resources, ideas and support to help pupils positive mental health.
- The book offers lesson plans, games and activities, assessment tools and information on risk factors and specific issues that might impact teens.
- The activities highlighted by Sarah include opportunities for intervention work for groups or for individuals.
- The book offers support to teachers, explaining the aims of the programme, advice on how to manage the activities, and prompts to guide through session.
- Ultimately, this fantastic book offers resources and ideas to empower teens with the skills they need to better manage their mental health.
Mind Mechanics is a comprehensive resource to support schools in teaching pupils about mental health. Drawing on a wide range of therapeutic interventions, including CBT, Behavioural Activation and Compassion-Focussed Therapy, it provides activities and lesson plans to empower teens with the skills they need to manage their mental health throughout life.
The book contains lesson plans, games and activities, assessment tools and information on risk factors and specific issues that might impact teens. It also features photocopiable and downloadable worksheets, making the provision of mental health teaching simple.
Mind Mechanics can be used flexibly as a full programme as part of the school’s Personal, Social, Health and Citizenship curriculum, as a targeted intervention for a group or individual, or as a resource bank of individual activities to use as and when needed.
*RRP Price correct at time of review publication.