Proactive Pastoral Care Nurturing happy, healthy and successful learners£17.99*
- Rather than focusing on reactive approaches to pastoral care, this book focuses on creating, embedding, and nurturing a community’s wellbeing culture in a proactive way.
- With a strong focus on wellbeing, Maria offers reflective resources and reflections advocating a four-part wellbeing model for pastoral care.
- The book also highlights character education, community pastoral engagement, and how to implement a pastoral curriculum in PSHE.
- A focus is also given on E-safety combat exploring social media worlds along with ideas for proactive E-safety in schools.
- This book is an essential read for any educator positions in a pastoral well. Maria’s comprehensive research into the subject has created an accessible resource to support the wellbeing of everybody within the school community.
In every UK classroom, an estimated three children suffer from a diagnosable mental health problem. Proactive Pastoral Careis a vital guide to enable secondary teachers to empower their students to make healthy life choices and look after their wellbeing, both in school and beyond. With practical, research-based activities and resources for tutor time, assemblies, Relationships and Sex Education and PSHE lessons, this book puts student wellbeing at the heart of the agenda. It also includes a foreword by Dr Pooky Knightsmith, an internationally renowned mental health educator, speaker and author.
Pastoral care expert Maria O’Neill explores several aspects of student wellbeing, from community building and parental engagement to e-safety and caring for mental health. Maria introduces refreshing, proactive techniques that can be put into practice straight away to create a supportive learning environment. Backed up by academic research, Maria’s easy-to-follow techniques mean any teacher, form tutor or head of year can feel confident in their approach and offer students the pastoral support they need.
*RRP Price correct at the time of review publication.