- These are critically important and useful books for primary teachers who are wanting to improve teaching ideas and resources to support all aspects of grammar.
- Each book offers key vocabulary for key stages, along with grammar activities for many aspects of the Literacy curriculum including instructional texts, explanation text, persuasive texts, and more.
- Mitch and Anna have provided a rich resources of photocopiable resources as well as including really useful ‘Glossary of terms’, to support some key language that pupils should become familiar with.
- Model texts for each year group are offered, along with annotated guides for teachers, supporting teachers through language features that can be used with whole-class, or small group, sessions.
- These books needs to be in every primary school resource library, offering a great mix of handy classroom ideas, resources and assurance for colleagues knowing that they are covering key grammatical aspects in teaching and learning.
These are the ultimate all-in-one guides for teaching writing, spelling, punctuation and grammar in the primary classroom. Providing practical advice on teaching grammar and writing techniques through the use of non-fiction texts, each Grammarsaurus book is closely aligned to the National Curriculum and ensures teachers are addressing the right topics at the right time.
Each chapter focuses on a non-fiction text type: instructions, explanations, non-chronological reports, diary entries, newspaper reports and persuasive texts. There are photocopiable model texts for each year group, along with annotated versions guiding teachers through language features, grammar, spelling and punctuation opportunities, saving hours of lesson planning.
Mitch Hudson and Anna Richards, expert teachers and creators of the popular Grammarsaurus website, answer common questions from teachers: ‘When should I teach this punctuation mark?’, or ‘Which spellings should I be teaching my Year 2 class?’. With examples covering a range of topics and up-to-date content using the latest curriculum framework, teachers can feel confident in tackling writing and SPaG across all the key areas of non-fiction.
Key Stage 1
Paperback | 9781472981219 | £24.99
Ebook | 9781472981233 | £22.49
Key Stage 2
Paperback | 9781472988331 | £24.99
Ebook | 9781472988348 | £22.49