The Headteacher's Handbook: The essential guide to leading a primary school£24.99*
- This is a fantastic book for any newly appoint headteacher, who is taking up the job within the England education system.
- Important aspect of the role are given exploration including: vision & culture; accountability, and; handling the day-to-day.
- Rae explores some of the more nuanced aspects of the job, guiding the reader through the maze of legal requirements and responsibilities.
- Each chapter offers a selection of takeaway bullet point, helping reinforce key messages and enocouraging reflections.
- With contributions from other school head-teachers, this book packs a punch in terms of case studies, advice and steps to become a positive influence to your school community.
This must-read guide to being a primary headteacher is filled with practical guidance, tips, and advice on all aspects of headship to support and inspire new, current and aspiring headteachers.
Written by a headteacher with over 14 years of experience at the helm, The Headteacher’s Handbook is the indispensable manual to understanding the role as both an instructional coach and community leader. With a kind and compassionate tone, Rae Snape presents invaluable advice, models, research, motivational quotes, and self-reflection questions on a wealth of topics. This includes:
- developing and communicating the vision for your school
- building a staff team
- handling an Ofsted inspection
- ensuring inclusion, equality, and diversity in your setting
- curriculum and assessment design
- managing the day-to-day – the finances, health and safety, behaviour, and everything in-between!
The book features examples from Rae’s own experiences as well as contributions from some of the most influential and forward-thinking school leaders.
*RRP – Price correct at the time of review publication.