Mastery in Reading Comprehension A guide for primary teachers and leaders£18.99*
- The book offers guidance on how to manage teaching time in order to gain a balance between reading for pleasure and attainment.
- Kala Williams uses her experience as a primary teacher offering systematic approaches aligned to learning outcomes.
- Readers are guided through what you really need to know about reading teaching, encouraging deep immersion with texts, and making books part of a daily dialogue.
- Images and case studies are scattered through the book, showcasing items, resources and ideas to help teachers bring books to life.
- This book is a must for any school or teacher who is serious about helping build children's enjoyment of books. In other words, every school!
Make teaching reading comprehension simple, enjoyable and impactful with this proven mastery approach. Learn what works and why it works, take ownership of your teaching practice and meet the demands of the Key Stage 2 (KS2) National Curriculum with outstanding results.
This book provides many different strategies for teaching reading comprehension in a way that gives all pupils access to a rich variety of texts and boosts able readers’ potential. Expert consultant and teacher Kala Williams uses clear explanations of the different mastery methods and why they work, as well as easy-to-follow classroom strategies, such as ‘read around the word’ and the ‘processing chart’, that are accessible to all teachers. This book is the perfect guide for any primary teacher looking to solidify their reading comprehension practice and maximise their pupils’ abilities.
*RRP – Price correct at the time of the review publication.