Activities to put the spark into guided and whole-class reading£24.99*
- A really useful resource for primary teachers, offering a great mix of activities to support whole-class reading.
- Eight key chapters look through the different skills taught, with a great mix of supporting activities to help embed the learning.
- In the introduction, Alex explains key principals of carousel guided reading and whole class reading sessions.
- A great selection of worksheet photocopiable activities are included, that can be used to extend ideas.
- This resource book offers a great range of ideas for teachers through KS1 and KS2, covering key curriculum priorities for developing skills and enjoyment of reading.
Refresh your approach to teaching reading comprehension with these original guided and whole-class reading activities for the primary classroom.
Running out of ways to get children engaged in reading comprehension? Or are you looking to help reluctant readers discover the magic of books? This book is for you! Reading Recharged includes a wide range of creative ideas, top tips and photocopiable activities for KS1 and KS2, and covers all seven reading skills from the National Curriculum (vocabulary, inference, summarising, predicting, commentating, author choice and retrieval). Designed to spark a love of reading for pleasure, the activities range from an intriguing lie detection task for teaching characterisation to synonym snakes and ladders for practising word choices.
Whether you’re teaching whole-class guided reading or using the carousel format, this book provides advice on structuring your session, as well as tried-and-tested ways to run it successfully. Experienced primary teacher and literacy resource creator Alex Barton shares his top teaching activities to engage and enthuse young readers so you can teach reading with creativity and confidence.