- A collection of professional learning cards, informed by research, to help an understanding of skills in teacher/middle leadership.
- Four different coloured sets of cards corresponds to research questions based around four themes: Great teacher leaders; tracking impact; sharing knowledge within and across schools; leadership for cultures of shared practice.
- The cards encourage inquiry, improve problem-solving and enrich decision making through collaboration, and can be used when facilitating professional development.
- Catalyst can be used by facilitators, senior leaders and anyone involve in school improvement programmes, being a fantastic resource for professional development.
- These resources cards are brilliant, creating accessible professional development opportunities to develop skills needed for teacher leaders across all educational settings.
Supported by Crown House Publishing
Catalyst is a professional learning tool intended to bring to life the findings of a collaborative research and development project carried out between researchers at the UCL Institute of Education and Challenge Partners, an informal national network of schools.
The project investigated four questions:
1. What is it about effective middle leadership within and across schools that changes teachers’ practice?
2. What are the most powerful ways of sharing knowledge about excellent middle leadership practice within and across schools?
3. What are the most important factors when designing evidence-based tools to track changes in teachers’ practice as a result of middle leaders’ interventions?
4. What leadership conditions in schools help develop and embed cultures of shared outstanding practice?
The collection consists of two sets of resource cards and a clear and detailed facilitator guide – along with a bibliography and photocopiable resources for download – and has been designed for use by staff in schools in all contexts and across the entire student age range. Ultimately, the aim of the Catalyst process is to:
- help develop better understanding of and skills in teacher/middle leadership
- stimulate evidence-informed conversations about teacher/middle leadership which lead to deep and meaningful learning
- support skilled facilitation of these conversations
- encourage inquiry, improve problem-solving and enrich decision-making through collaboration
- enhance leadership within schools and across networks and school partnerships.
Suitable for school leaders and educators looking to both expand and refine their conversations around change management, professional development and school improvement.
Co-authored by Louise Stoll, Carol Taylor, Karen Spence-Thomas and Chris Brown, Catalyst: An evidence-informed, collaborative professional learning resource for teacher leaders and other leaders working within and across schools is a collection of specially designed cards created to support and promote the professional learning and development of groups of teacher leaders.
*RRP – Price correct at the time of review publication.
You need to Login or Register to bookmark/favorite this content.
Be the first to comment