Essential Guides for Early Career Teachers: Using Cognitive Science in the Classroom£15.99*
- A fantastically accessible book offering an introduction to cognitive-science essentials for early career teachers.
- The core foundations of the book are based on retrieval practice and metacognition - key ingredients proved to support teaching and learning.
- Kelly offers guidance for early career teachers on how to reflect on own teaching practice, encouraging practical tasks for the short and medium term that can easily be implemented.
- A selection of activities are scattered through the book, encouraging improving cognitive skills for pupils, that will also help develop positive relationships with learning.
- This is a great book to start a professional development journey in building cognitive teaching and learning skills.
Linked to the Early Career Framework, this book provides an understanding of cognitive load theory and its application to teaching for all those training or new to the job.
Cognitive science is fast becoming the cornerstone for understanding how students learn and is revolutionising the way we teach pupils at both primary and secondary levels. The techniques informed by cognitive science are evidence-based and proven to work, providing clear benefits for both the early career teacher and your pupils. This book outlines the principles of cognitive load theory and metacognition so that you can feel in control of your own learning and understand how to harness the learning of your students. It provides concise explanations and practical strategies that you can use in the classroom, enabling you to confidently plan and teach lessons with a reflective, metacognitive approach underpinned by key cognitive science principles.
*RRP – Price correct at time of article publication.