Comprehension Ninja: Fiction and Poetry£24.99*
- Another fantastic series of books by Andrew, this time co-authored with Adam Bushnell to ensure even more literacy enrichment.
- Fantastic resources throughout can support pupils at school, or for at-home tasks to help embed key literacy skills.
- A great variety of text from key children's authors are shared throughout the series, aligned with age-appropriate texts that will enthuse your pupils.
- Different question-types are used in the books, including fill-the-gap, true or false, 5-w's and how, and summarising - all age-appropriate to the pupils.
- Additional guidance is offered to teachers at the start of the book, including how best to use the resources, with encouragement to develop writing units based on the extracts.
- The PDF eBook version of this book cannot be printed or saved in any other format. It is intended for use on interactive whiteboards and projectors only.
These photocopiable resources each contain immersive and imaginative fiction and poetry texts from acclaimed writers including Joseph Coelho, Joshua Seigal, Emma Shevah, David Almond, Roald Dahl, Katherine Rundell and Joseph Coelho (plus many more) as well as original texts by Adam Bushnell and Andrew Jennings aligned to the National Curriculum in England. Each is accompanied by differentiated activities and answers to boost retrieval skills and help pupils become fully-fledged Comprehension Ninjas!
The reading texts are high-quality and rich in vocabulary. They cover a wide variety of genres including fables, sci-fi, contemporary stories, adventure, traditional tales and poetry. If you’re searching for engaging resources to help pupils practise comprehension strategies and question types such as skim and scan, true or false, draw and label, find and copy, fill in the gap, sequencing and multiple-choice, Comprehension Ninja: Fiction & Poetry are the books for you.
*RRP Price correct at time of review publication.